HAGERSTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
STUDENT ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
The goals of the Hagerstown Community College Athletic Program at Hagerstown Community College are grounded in the overall vision, mission, goals and values of the College. The Athletic Program expects all student athletes to exhibit positive social behaviors that demonstrate sportsmanship, respect towards teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, spectators, and the sport itself. All student athletes intending to participate in HCC's intercollegiate program must read, understand and agree to abide by the following:
1. I have read the "HCC STUDENT AFFAIRS CODE OF CONDUCT." I understand the expectations for students who attend Hagerstown CC, the penalties for code violations, and my rights as a student. I accept those expectations and agree to conduct myself accordingly.
2. As an HCC student athlete, I recognize my responsibility for proper conduct at any contest, tournament, event, practice session, or while traveling to or from events sponsored by Hagerstown Community College.
3. I understand that I am accountable for my behavior and conduct off campus while being a student at HCC and a representative of the Athletic Program.
4. I understand that any type of unsportsmanlike conduct or abusive language occurring during an event sponsored by HCC resulting in a player ejection or not, will be subject to disciplinary action to be determined by the Athletic Administration and the College Student Code of Conduct.
5. I understand that any student-athlete who does not meet HCC academic standards and NJCAA eligibility requirements for participation in extra-curricular activities and athletics may be placed on probation and/or athletic suspension, which may result in a recommendation for dismissal from the Athletic Program.
6. I have received a copy of and I understand the HCC Student Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy. As an HCC student-athlete, I understand that the illegal use of alcohol, or any form of illegal drugs or controlled substances on campus, or in the community, may be grounds for a recommendation for suspension or dismissal from HCC Athletics, and will be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of the Dean of Students. I also understand that HCC is a tobacco-free campus, and that the use of tobacco products on the campus will be subject to disciplinary action by the Office of the Dean of Students.
7. As an HCC student-athlete, I understand my responsibility to represent HCC and the Athletic Program in a manner that exhibits respect, responsibility, leadership, sportsmanship, and integrity. These core values are the substance and foundation of helping student athletes become “Champions of Character.”
(Name – please print) (Sport)
(Student-Athlete Signature) (Date)
(Athletic Director Signature) (Date)
Revised June 2017