The Fitness Center is on the second floor of Hagerstown Community College’s Athletic, Recreation and Community Center (ARCC.) The ARCC is a multi-use facility for academic programs, athletics, recreation, fitness/wellness, student activities and specials events.
The Fitness Center is available to faculty, staff, current students, retirees, and booster club members. Patrons of the fitness center may choose from a variety of exercise equipment.
January 9, 2017 - May 1, 2017
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on weekends
During Spring Break, Fitness Center Hours are shortened to 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
To contact the Fitness Center call Thomas Burge, Fitness Center Coordinator at 240-500-2478.
Strength equipment includes:
● Dumbbells and Kettlebells
● Olympic barbells and Bumper Plates
● Squat Racks
● Gymnastic Rings and Iron Scap Training System
● Selectorized Resistance Weight Machines
Cardiovascular equipment includes:
● Concept 2 Rowers
● Recumbent and UpRight Bikes
Power and conditioning equipment includes:
● Chains, Bands and Battle Ropes
● Jump Ropes, Speed hurdles and Ladders
● Medicine Balls
● Power Sled and Plyometric Boxes
● Sand Bags and Slam Balls
Other amenities include:
● Foam Rollers
● Towel Service
● Changing Rooms
● Full locker rooms with shower
Fitness Center Services
Physical Assessment: Includes a complete health history, cardiovascular, muscular strength and endurance test, flexibility test and body composition analysis. You will receive a document with your results and two week personal exercise program to get you started on your fitness goals.
Fee: Call for pricing
Body Composition Analysis: Excellent tool to evaluate progress of your current program. Our staff will use skin-fold calipers to estimate your body fat and lean mass. You will receive a document with your results and how to analyze this information.
Fee: Call for pricing
The Fitness Center Services require you schedule a meeting with one of the Fitness Center Staff.
Please contact Thomas Burge to set up an appointment.
Fitness Center Quality Standards and Rules
You must present a valid, current HCC ID to access the Fitness Center.
● Proper attire includes closed toe, non-marking shoes, t-shirts, exercise shorts/pants.
● No sandals.
● Athletic gear must be worn at all times. No revealing clothing or clothing with offensive wording will be permitted.
● Please use dressing rooms or locker rooms downstairs for changing into exercise attire.
● Please secure your valuables and belongings in a locker.
● Ask staff at front desk for a locker key.
● Please do not store valuables on the floor or near equipment.
● Safety of all personal property is the responsibility of the patron.
● ARCC staff are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
● Wipe off equipment after every use.
● Re-rack weights and return all other accessories to their proper locations when finished.
● Collars are to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
● Weight plates are not to be leaned against mirror, walls or machines.
● Dumbbells and weight plates will not be dropped on floor for any reason.
● Allow others to “work-in” or take turns. Do not monopolize equipment in the weight room while others are waiting.
● Ease weights into position on the machines and do not allow them to slam down.
● Users should keep head and limbs clear of weights and moving parts at all times.
● Never put head, hands, or feet in or under weight stacks.
● Personal music players are permitted only when used with headphones.
● Verbal or physical confrontation with staff or other patrons will not be tolerated.
● Profanity will not be tolerated.
● Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
● Vandalism will not be tolerated.
● Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
*Members should seek staff assistance for any and all questions*
Failure to abide to these guidelines will result in loss of privileges. Management reserves the right to refuse admittance and/or eject any person from the Fitness Center premises failing to comply with any of the above rules and regulations.
Dr. Marlys Palmer Fitness Center Staff